Monday 25 December 2017

Scotland

As I have much free time this Christmas break, I read a lot and make some plans for the New Year. One of the object of my reading activity are National Geographic magazines. Recently I read one article about Scotland which made me want to go there immediately. Of course I won't go there right now but this country can figure on my list of places to visit in 2018. What attracts me the most in Scotland? The castles in the beautiful fresh green environment, the buildings which show you how the families in XVth century leaved.

The life music played in the in the pubs, for example in Glasgow as I read, is something that you must experience there! In Poland it is not so much in common to listen to a life music show in every bar.

If you prefer staying in the nature and rest a bit of the noisy and crowded city I would propose you to visit Loch Lomond, the National Park 25 km from Glasgow. There are many lakes and forests, mountains. From the touristic point of view what would catch your attention are the castles and the ruins which you can investigate over there.
If you are a fan of literature you should definitely see the Eilean Donan castle with which the poem "Lady on the Lake" of Walter Skott is connected, or the castle of Glamis (where in the Duncan's hall died the king from Macbeth of Shakespeare). Other interesting castles you can find in Aberdeen. This little text I shared with you can make you eager to visit Scotland, or to read more about this country :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where is Spring?

Hey, I suppose that all of us are waiting for Spring to come, at least I am looking forward to find her trace. Personally, I got tired of ...