Monday 23 October 2017



Hi folks!

To introduce myself, I can tell you some basic information about who I am. My name is Marta, I like the nature, the people and the world. From my observations these three terms contribute to the Universe as our, in my perception, really small planet called Earth.

First of all, I would like to explain you the reason why I named this blog "A small handkerchief".
The title derives from the proverb "The world is a handkerchief", which has a literal translation in Spanish (my second language) "El mundo es un pañuelo". It means that wherever we go, we meet people who are connected with us directly or indirectly. In fact all of us are not only "in the flesh" connection with the world but also in a virtual relation. By the internet we can see most of the places the world has to offer us. Isn't the world small? Isn't it as a "small handkerchief"?

You can read an article about some other interesting proverbs below:
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/steve-leveen/in-search-of-the-worlds-b_b_435339.html

Have a nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where is Spring?

Hey, I suppose that all of us are waiting for Spring to come, at least I am looking forward to find her trace. Personally, I got tired of ...