Monday 19 March 2018

Bergen

In this post I would like to share with you another great experience I had this year (and it's only the beginning).

My friend and I found a really cheap flight to Bergen, Norway. It was from Gdańsk so I enjoyed visiting my Erasmus friend who lives there (the list time we met was in 2016 on the erasmus scholarship, it was ages ago). The next day in the morning we took off to our trip destination.

As we all know, Norway is one of the most expensive counries in the world. It costs an arm and a leg to stay there. We were lucky because we gor an offer from couchsurfing from a local who wanted to help us. He picked us up from the airport, prepared a breakfast for us (not once), shared food (even if we had our own food), and showed us other places around Bergen (we did around 400 km with his car). This is amazing and surprising to meet someone so cheerful to support you, who does it without knowing you and who is so self-forgetful. We were amazed.

Must see in Bergen: Floyen peak and Edward Grieg's house!!! Beside these, you can just walk in the mountains (there are also other peaks, not really demanding). In summer there is an event, worth your attention, called 7 mountains walk (which I would like to do another year) and it makes you climb all of the 7 peaks you find there in one day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where is Spring?

Hey, I suppose that all of us are waiting for Spring to come, at least I am looking forward to find her trace. Personally, I got tired of ...