Monday 19 March 2018

Paris

My latest weekend escape is Paris. I always dreamt about visiting this place, full of artists and inspiration (there is over 2 millions of habitants), but also because one of my friends who I met during my au pair experience just after high school in Madrid. We were leaving in the same district of the city, so we hang out together. She move to Paris as she got a job offer in the capital, this made me thinking about this famous tourists' destination more and more. Ones I found some good price tickets to Paris from Warsaw I bought it, that day was high time I planned the travel.

The problem is that we (my friend and I) didn't expect our flight to cost twice more than only the tickets. We went from the airport which was the furthest from Warsaw, and the situation repeated in Paris so it wasn't that cheap finally. I definitely recommend to check the cost of the transport between the aiport and the city while you decide to fly with the cheap air lines.

Our stay in Paris was short, and intense. The first afternoon we went to a restaurant with my french friend and her friends, we ate snails! You must try it if you visit France ;) After that we had a long walk in Montmartre which was accomplished with a party in some bar on our way home. The second day we saw all "must see" places but we didn't enter to the museums because of the long queues. We went up to the Eiffel tower and to the Arc de Triomphe. Before we left Paris, day after that, we had a coffe at Cafe des 2 Moulins, where the movie "Amelie" was shot! It is exactly the same as in the movie, the only difference are the waiters instead of the waitresses.

You should know that in Paris you can visit most of the touristic highlights for free before you become 25! Hurry up :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Where is Spring?

Hey, I suppose that all of us are waiting for Spring to come, at least I am looking forward to find her trace. Personally, I got tired of ...